Wednesday, February 7, 2007

February 7- We have our Consulate appointment!!!!


PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We've just heard from our adoption agency, CCAI, and we have a confirmed Consulate appointment!!!!!

The US Consulate in Guangzhou (which is the city that we will be staying the entire time in China) is the last official stop Americans have to make before returning home. It is here that we will received Elizabeth's Visa and her passport. Once this visit is over, Elizabeth will be officially our child according to China and the US. Once her feet hit US soil, she will be declared a full citizen of the United States of America.

Our appointment is March 7, 2007, with the US Consulate but that's not the BEST date that I have to share. We have just learned that Elizabeth Ann Upchurch will be PLACED IN OUR ARMS on Sunday, February 25, 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!! All these years of waiting and praying for her to be with us will come to an end on that day. Of course, we will STILL be praying for her for the rest of our lives, but we will not have to pray for her to come home with us anymore after that day. She WILL be home. :)

We should have travel plans finalized by Monday, February 12. I will definitely update y'all when we find out the exact dates and times.

Soli deo gloria!!!!!

Comments
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited to hear that you have your CA and your Gotcha Day is scheduled!!!!!!! Elizabeth has no idea how loved she really is, yet. I can't wait to hear your travel plans and see Elizabeth in your arms!
Posted by: Melissa Ward on February 7, 2007 at 11:07 A.M.

WOO HOO! I can't wait for Elizabeth and Ella to meet! -Noelle
Posted by: noelle on February 7, 2007 at 01:27 P.M.
Dear Upchurch family,though I have only met you once during my visit home to see my family in january, I am so very happy for you that GOD has blessed you with this wonderful child. I along with many more, I am sure,will pray for your safety and the blessing of that beautiful child that will be placed into your capable hands. May the Lord continue to bless and keep you all.
Posted by: Kaye Bartlett on February 8, 2007 at 12:05 A.M.

No comments: