Saturday, February 24, 2007

February 24- Observations from Todd

Here are a few things that I have observed since 3 am.

-Every room in our hotel has a hotpot so that you can boil the water.The water is not to be drunk until it has been boiled. From what I hear the locals do not drink it.

-Be grateful everytime you put your toothbrush under the faucet's water. (Pat Tracy you were dead-on with this one.)

-It is recommended that no fresh fruits or veggies be eaten until they are cooked. (See above)

-The workers that we have encountered so far would embarrass American workers. Their (China) work ethic is amazing. They anticipate your next move and want to help you.

-On that note. something that bothers me in America is when I tell someone "thank you" they reply "no problem."Did I say there was a problem? I thought when someone says "thank you" that you are supposed to say "you're welcome."Here in China they actually say "your welcome."

-Be thankful for every english speaking TV station. All we have is HBO, ESPN, AND CNN. (Mr. Don I am starving for FoxNEWS. At least I have the internet to read Fox's site.) Watching CNN is absolutely torture. For those of you that don't know me I am a proud conservative and cannot stand liberal politics. So CNN is draining the life out of me like Superman and cryptonite.
I will have more observations later.

Comments

If you don't have normally sensitive stomachs, you should be able to eat watermelon and oranges with no problem. For the first week of our trip, we adhered strictly to the no fresh veggies/fruits, but then we started trying things as we finished up in Nanjing. We had no problems with fruits that have to be "peeled"...melons, grapefruit, etc. My husband and I were stuck to FoxNews because we got so sick of CNN. Hehehe....have fun!Mary Morriswww.oneblessedfamily.com
Posted by: Mary on February 23, 2007 at 04:34 P.M.

Hang in there. this too shall pass.God loves you and He is watching out for you. He said I will never leave nor forsake you, so stand on that promise because He is trustworthy. When we lose faith He remains faithful so just trust Him.Job said "shall we accept good from God and not bad?"I have a large number of people praying for you for these next days and we will continue to do so. God has great and marvelous things in store for Elizabeth and I cannot wait to see her.God Bless
Posted by: grandpa and grammy on February 23, 2007 at 07:36 P.M.

So Todd.....have you had a bacon cheese burger yet? Watch out for the egg. I wash cloth over the faucet, will curb your desire to run water over your toothbrush.Well boys and girls, there is little time left for you, tomorrow Elizabeth will be with her new family, and the newest "UP"will be the best "high" you have ever had. WE are thinking of you, know that you are in our thoughts and prayer and our hearts runneth over......you got my number.....night or day.............Peace out, Sals
Posted by: Sally on February 23, 2007 at 09:01 P.M.

This place does have it's ups and downs, but all in all, we are here to get Elizabeth. She is our wonderful goal.
Posted by: Big Brother on February 23, 2007 at 10:09 P.M.

I know exactly how you feel about CNN! Once you get Elizabeth, nothing else will matter. China has it's ups and downs, but at least it makes us appreciate what we have here in the United States.I sit here Saturday morning in GA and knowing that sometime in the next 18 hours or so you will be getting Elizabeth. Little does she know how wonderful her world is about to be, even if she doesn't realize it at first. I just can't wait until the morning to see pictures of all of you with Elizabeth!Try to get a good nights sleep. :o)Melisssa
Posted by: Melissa Ward on February 24, 2007 at 05:40 A.M.

Todd,When we were there, there was a National Geographic channel. We learned all about an extinct monster elk. That sucker was huge.As far as CNN goes, either take a walk or prayer for them. Either on should help!!!Our prayers are with you!!!!Cris
Posted by: Cris Ward on February 24, 2007 at 02:23 P.M.

Another proud conservative waiting dad here. I am enjoying your trip so far. We are LID 10/28/05 so our turn is coming soon.
Posted by: Charles on February 26, 2007 at 02:02 P.M.

No comments: